Noted as a Grade II* listed building on The National Heritage List in 1986, the gatehouse at Bramshott Place is steeped in history that dates back to the late 16th century.
It has stood at the centre of Bramshott Place since wealthy cloth merchant John Hooke bought the estate and built a Tudor mansion.
In 1850 the Earle family demolished many of the original buildings and built a new house, known as Bramshott Grange.
Between 1921 and 1982, the house became the King George Hospital but has since been redeveloped.
Now run by later living provider Inspired Villages, the restoration of the monument’s beautifully-carved brickwork and intricate detailing is a reminder of the village’s colourful history.
Officially unveiled to residents and locals from the surrounding area, the gatehouse’s Tudor architecture has been fully restored by appointed contractors Szerelmey – who are recognised specialists in conservation and restoration of the nation’s heritage sites.
As part of the restoration, the original leadwork on the roof has been replaced and brickwork repointed with a traditional mix handmade by HG Matthews Brickworks to match the original.