Blackheath secured the I’Anson Division One title with a game to spare with a 47-run victory at Elstead.

The visitors were bowled out for 158, before bowling Elstead out for 111 to seal the title.

Tilford won by eight wickets at Grayswood and moved up to third position in Division One.

Having won the toss, Tilford elected to field first and the home side lost two early wickets to Huw Town-Jones before rain caused an hour’s delay.

After Ben Jeffrey fell for 29 the innings collapsed.

The introduction of the evergreen Nigel Martyn – who used the drying conditions to his advantage to take six for 18 – was aided by some excellent catching from George Ellis, Matt Swarbrick and a superb diving one-handed catch in the slips by Mark Ramesar. With the last seven wickets falling for 16 runs, Grayswood were all out for 81 in the 30th over.

When Tilford batted, Swarbrick hit one huge six over the village hall before holing out. Henry Clinton and Ciaran Rooney added 62 before Rooney was bowled on 44, with only seven more runs required.

Tilford finished on 85 for two at the start of the 20th over.

Headley’s first team travelled to Grayshott looking for another win in their fight for survival in Divison One, with Grayshott hovering just above the bottom two. A heavy shower before the start reduced the game to 43 overs per side. Headley stand-in skipper Callum Hawtin won the toss and chose to bowl first.

Devyn Scott and Matty Hall took the new ball and caused chaos for the Grayshott top order. Scott produced an outstanding opening spell, bowling at high pace to finish with four for 11 from his nine overs.

First-change bowlers Ryan Young and Jack Baldwin continued the squeeze, with Young taking four for 17 and Baldwin two for six as Grayshott were bowled out for 60.

Headley started their chase with George King and Calvin Bandi before another heavy shower forced the players off.

Headley lost five overs and had 38 overs to chase a reduced target of 48. King (six) was bowled by Danny Brown (one for 13) and Bandi (one) was well caught in the cordon, leaving Headley on eight for two.

Overseas player Alex Wenban (13) joined Young (24) in the middle and they consolidated against good bowling while punishing anything loose, with Young taking a liking to the leg-side boundary.

Two late wickets fell as Headley looked to finish the game, before Gavin Arend and Dylan Harris saw Headley over the line by six wickets in the 18th over.

In Divison Four, Headley’s second team hosted in-form Worplesdon & Burpham at Headley Playing Fields and were asked to bat on a drying pitch having lost the toss.

The away side capitalised on the conditions superbly with Thomas Hinch taking three wickets by the fifth over.

Hari Elisetti consolidated with opener Matt Joyce (19) and took a liking to the bowling of Mitchell Rogers – plundering 20 runs from his first over. However, a pacy over from Tom Watkins (two for 29) removed Elisetti (30) and Trotman in quick succession, leaving Headley five down with only 12 overs bowled.

In strolled the enigmatic Ben Homewood and he promptly began the counter-attack.

Once Homewood’s eye was in there was nowhere the bowlers could pitch the ball without a lusty blow following it.

Homewood soon reached his half-century and received solid support from skipper Patrick Stephens (nine) and Kieran Cook (29 not out).

Homewood’s innings was not without some fortune – he was dropped three times and was caught off a no ball from Jack Lenton (one for 49).

Homewood finished on 135 not out as Headley posted an imposing 239 for seven in their 40 overs.

The heavens opened during the break and Headley seized on the conditions with the ball – taking a wicket in the second over when Kieran Cook (two for 31) found the edge of David Kelly for the first of two sharp catches from wicketkeeper Dave Stone.

Wickets fell at a steady rate, but visiting skipper Matthew Lambert (51) kept his side in the hunt. The scoreboard pressure kept forcing attacking shots, and Headley bowled the visitors out for 165. Stephens (three for 29) and John Canning (three for 47) were the pick of the attack. The win takes Headley up to third in the Division Four table.

In Division Six, Headley’s third team played Blackheath’s second team at the Bordon & Oakhanger Sports Club. Headley won the toss and bowled first. Blackheath scored at a rapid rate and scored 255 for seven in 40 overs.

Headley responded well, reaching 151 for one with Izaz scoring 69. Rana Rizwan scored 77, but Headley fell short and finished on 209 for nine at stumps.