Tilford held out for a losing draw at home against Elstead in an exciting finish with the last pair at the wicket.

The visitors won the toss and elected to bat first in the I’Anson Division One match.

Despite losing two early wickets with only 29 on the board, opener Ollie Lincoln (84 not out) and Max Holland (59) steadied the ship, adding 92 for the third wicket in 18 overs.

Skipper Guy Drayton (63 not out) then joined Lincoln and together they put on an undefeated stand of 112 to bring the total to 233 for three after the maximum 48 overs.

Tilford had 42 overs to chase the target. They started brightly with Mark Ramesar (30) and Matt Swarbrick (31) putting on 54 for the first wicket, but wickets fell regularly after that. Henry Marks was the top scorer with 43 but Tilford slipped to 170 for nine.

The last pair held out for the final three overs. Joe Lincoln took three for 32 and Paddy Murphy three for 33.

Headley’s first team travelled to Puttenham and Wanborough hoping to build on their first league win the previous weekend. Having lost the toss, Headley were asked to bat and found themselves in the familiar position of losing early wickets. Alex Wenban (19) and Gavin Arend came together at 30 for three and started the rebuild, which continued when Ryan Young joined Arend.

The pair started to increase the run rate with some good running between the wickets and lusty blows. Young fell for a well-made 29, and Arend was dismissed for a measured 47. The tail failed to wag and Headley were bowled out for 138 in the 42nd over.

Sensing 138 wasn’t enough on a quick outfield, Headley needed early wickets in the Puttenham and Wanborough reply – but they didn’t come.

Opener Faisal Abbas was dropped in the second over and that proved costly for Headley, as he made his way to 60 before falling to Jack Baldwin (one for 28). A couple of wickets from the leg spin of Wenban (two for 34) wasn’t enough as Puttenham strolled to victory by seven wickets.

Division One leaders Grayswood thrashed second-placed Blackheath by 162 runs.

Peter Millard (72) top scored as Grayswood were bowled out for 228 in 48 overs.

Blackheath were bowled out for 66. Cameron Kent (three for four) and Sebastian Royds (three for 21) were the pick of the Grayswood attack.

In Division Four, Headley’s second team ground out a hard-fought winning draw against Chiddingfold’s second team at the Bordon & Oakhanger Sports Club. The visitors won the toss and elected to bat. Headley took the upper hand early on with Andy Coutts (one for 41) bowling Kinchington for a duck.

Oliver Harman (104) hit a century before he was run out by a direct hit from Headley skipper Patrick Stephens.

Chiddingfold scored 199 for eight off 43 overs. The rest of Headley’s wickets were shared between Adam Joyce (two for 40), Hari Elsetti (two for 30) and David Stone (one for 18).

In response, the aggressive Headley opener Rana Rizwan plundered 46 before falling leg before wicket to Nick Harman.

Rhys Pritchard hit an energetic 40 as Headley scored 190 for seven off 37 overs.

In Division Six, Headley’s third team lost by 45 runs at home to Grayswood’s third team. Despite some spirited batting from Daniel Thayer (40) and Dinesh Maxmilan (46), the home side never looked like troubling the visitors’ 180 for eight off 40 overs – ending their innings on 135 all out.