FARNHAM TOWN boss Tony Reid hit out after his side were denied a morale-boosting victory against second-placed Beckenham.

The referee allowed almost ten minutes of extra time at the end of their Combined Counties Premier Division South match at Eden Park Avenue.

Five minutes into added time, Beckenham scored their second to make it 3-2.

And the last action of the match saw Beckenham snatch an equaliser – and the official blew for time immediately afterwards.

The match was not without incident, with Beckenham’s Rob Carter sent off for a high challenge before Town keeper Jack Ross was given a red card after charging out to the edge of his area to clatter into centre forward Tunde Aderonmu.

Reid said: “It was hugely frustrating.

“I just don’t understand where the referee got the extra ten minutes from. He could have caused an uproar.

“He told us he added three minutes for our sending off, but the changing rooms back on to the pitch, so the minute Rossi was sent off he left the pitch. It took 20 seconds at most.

“There was a substitution, but that doesn’t take three minutes either. I was baffled beyond belief. I’ve never seen that kind of thing before.

“I’m not going to get myself into trouble by saying things I shouldn’t but it tarnished a performance from the team that I have been after since I arrived.

“I wanted the team to express themselves, to play with fluidity, to take risks and to trust each other, and they did that in abundance. It was free-flowing and we should have been 4-0 up after 20 minutes. We showed real character and strength and it was pleasing that many supporters at Beckenham said afterwards we were the best side they had faced all season.

“The display was excellent and we should have won that game comfortably.

“I’ve been crying out for a performance like that. The pitch helped – it was lovely and allowed us to express ourselves. It was good to watch.”

Town’s Aldershot Senior Cup tie against Southern League Premier Division South Hartley Wintney on Tuesday night was called off because the Memorial Ground pitch was waterlogged.

Fans are hoping Town progress as Badshot Lea are also in the last four, and a potential local derby would have them licking their lips. “It would be great for the committee and supporters if we met them – but for me, I’m just there to win games,” said Reid.

New signing Michael Coppinger from Guildford City could not play, because of a registration mix-up.

Max Blackmore scored Town’s first goal, and Josh Ogunseye created openings for Owen Dean and Arsen Ujkaj.

Town face another tough clash tomorrow (Saturday) when they entertain league leaders Walton & Hersham at the Memorial Ground (3pm).